Help Abolish Medical Debt Today
Every dollar you donate relieves $100 in medical debt
The Episcopal Diocese of Missouri
- Christ Church Cathedral, St. Louis
- Emmanuel Episcopal Church, Webster Groves
- Grace Episcopal Church, Kirkwood
- St. Paul’s Episcopal Church, Carondelet / St. Louis
- St. Peter’s Episcopal Church, Ladue
- St. Mark’s Episcopal Church, St. Louis
- St. Stephen’s Episcopal Church, Ferguson
- St. Thomas Deaf Episcopal Church, Crestwood
- The Episcopal Church of the Advent, Crestwood
- The Episcopal Church of All Saints & Ascension, Northwoods
- The Episcopal Church of the Holy Communion, University City
- The Episcopal Church of St. Michael and St. George, Clayton
- Trinity Episcopal Church, St. Louis
Campaign Support Recipients
- Recent Donations
- Michael B. just donated $100
- Anonymous just donated $102.77
- MARGARET C. just donated $100.20
- Leo N. just donated $102.77
Fundraise for This Campaign
Start a fundraiser to help those in need. Set a personal fundraising goal and track online donations easily with RIP.
How RIP Works
Over a hundred million Americans, one in three, struggles with the weight of medical debt.
Here’s how we lift them up.
You make a donation
With every donation, RIP uses its precise data analytics to pinpoint the medical debt of those most in need of relief: households whose incomes are less than four times the federal poverty level guideline or with medical debt representing at least 5% of gross income.
RIP buys medical debt at a steep discount
Your donations allow us to buy debt in bundled portfolios, millions of dollars at a time at a fraction of the original cost. On average, whatever you donate has 100x the impact.
Together we wipe out medical debt
People across the country receive a letter that their debt is gone. No taxes. No penalties. Just like that, they’re free of medical debt.
Yes. We are a 501(c)(3) charity and your donation is 100% tax deductible.
When we purchase a portfolio of medical debt, we abolish debt for individuals who:
- Earn less than 4x the federal poverty level (varies by state, family size).
- Debts are 5 percent or more of annual income.
We only buy debt that has been pre-qualified by our partners to meet at least one of these criteria.
We never collect on debt we purchase, only relieve it.
No. With your help, we abolish medical debt permanently. Recipients have no adverse tax consequences, obligations, or strings attached.
For those whose medical debts are relieved, the relief is a gift from a detached and disinterested third party (RIP) as an act of generosity, so relief of the debt does not count as income to the debtor. We will not file a Form 1099-C with the IRS.
Due to HIPAA laws, RIP Medical Debt cannot disclose the names, contact information or any other specific details of the debt relief beneficiaries.
RIP Medical Debt cannot relieve debt by individual request.
While we would love to help everyone who needs assistance, RIP Medical Debt cannot abolish medical debt for specific individuals. We approach the problem of medical debt by acquiring large portfolios of debt to help thousands of people at once.
Because medical debt affects so many people who may not have debt accounts in the portfolios we purchase, we have compiled a list of resources that may be able to help in ways RIP Medical Debt cannot.