Erasing $1.5 Million of Your Medical Debt
If you’ve ever been to the emergency room, you know the cost of a single visit can leave you feeling worse than before you got there. Medical debt is a huge problem – one in five Americans have it.
Simply put, it’s the biggest cause of bankruptcy in the United States. That’s why NBC10 Boston, necn and Telemundo Boston have decided to do something to help address it.
If you challenge a hospital bill for $10,000, the hospital might sell that debt to a collector at a discount, leaving the collector to come after you for the money.
But over time, collectors sell on debt to other collectors, paying less and less each time. Eventually, the debt can be bought for pennies on the dollar.
- 50% Of Americans Now Carry Medical Debt, A New Chronic Condition For Millions
- Stacey Abrams group donates $1.34M to wipe out medical debts
- How to Give the Gift of Charity This Holiday Season
- Navigating Medical Debt: Regions Bank Announces Grant and Financial Wellness Tools to Help People and Families
- Americans Crushed by Medical Debt Might Finally a Catch Break
- RIP Medical Debt Leverages Donor Support to Pay Off Billions of Dollars in Health Care Debt
- RIP Medical Debt Acquires and Retires Crippling Medical Debt for Consumers
- The U.S. Medical Debt Crisis is Incalculable
- Help Hope Live
- 5 organizations erasing millions in medical debt