How Some Lucky Americans Are Getting Their Medical Debt Wiped Out
Medical debt is not just a burden for countless Americans; it’s also the No. 1 source of personal bankruptcy filings in the country. But for some lucky folks, relief may be around the corner.
RIP Medical Debt, a nonprofit organization that raises money to wipe out unpayable health-related debts, recently announced that it has successfully eliminated $1 billion (yes, you read that correctly) in medical debt for more than 500,000 people in all 50 states. Included in that figure is $65 million of medical debt carried by veterans.
Read more on The Ascent
- 50% Of Americans Now Carry Medical Debt, A New Chronic Condition For Millions
- Stacey Abrams group donates $1.34M to wipe out medical debts
- How to Give the Gift of Charity This Holiday Season
- Navigating Medical Debt: Regions Bank Announces Grant and Financial Wellness Tools to Help People and Families
- Americans Crushed by Medical Debt Might Finally a Catch Break
- RIP Medical Debt Leverages Donor Support to Pay Off Billions of Dollars in Health Care Debt
- RIP Medical Debt Acquires and Retires Crippling Medical Debt for Consumers
- The U.S. Medical Debt Crisis is Incalculable
- Help Hope Live
- 5 organizations erasing millions in medical debt