Stacey Abrams group donates $1.34M to wipe out medical debts
The political organization led by prominent Democrat Stacey Abrams is branching out into paying off medical debts.
The Fair Fight Political Action Committee on Wednesday told The Associated Press it has donated $1.34 million from its political action committee to the nonprofit organization RIP Medical Debt to wipe out debt with a face value of $212 million that is owed by 108,000 people in Georgia, Arizona, Louisiana, Mississippi and Alabama.
- 50% Of Americans Now Carry Medical Debt, A New Chronic Condition For Millions
- Stacey Abrams group donates $1.34M to wipe out medical debts
- How to Give the Gift of Charity This Holiday Season
- Navigating Medical Debt: Regions Bank Announces Grant and Financial Wellness Tools to Help People and Families
- Americans Crushed by Medical Debt Might Finally a Catch Break
- RIP Medical Debt Leverages Donor Support to Pay Off Billions of Dollars in Health Care Debt
- RIP Medical Debt Acquires and Retires Crippling Medical Debt for Consumers
- The U.S. Medical Debt Crisis is Incalculable
- Help Hope Live
- 5 organizations erasing millions in medical debt