RIP is working to forgive $1 billion in medical debt for Americans!
Fast Facts about RIP
- RIP has abolished $120 million in medical debt for about 60,000 Americans.
- RIP is a 501(c)(3) charity that locates, buys and forgives medical debt in the USA.
- RIP abolishes medical debt for the general public, veterans and local communities.
- RIP supports diverse communities funding local debt relief campaigns. Ask us.
- RIP donations deliver “a lot of bang for the buck,” so $100 can forgive $10,000 in debt.
- RIP uses at least 90 percent of all donated funds for buying medical debt to forgive.
- RIP uses the rest for expenses like data acquisition and mailing forgiveness letters.
- RIP is grateful that all 2018 staff salaries are separately funded by benefactors.
- RIP applies available debt industry technologies to locate and buy debt to abolish.
- RIP buys “portfolios” of unpaid and unpayable medical debt for pennies on the dollar.
- RIP is not yet able to handpick and forgive personal medical debt for individuals.
- RIP works on solutions to end medical debt. Options open as we grow.
RIP cannot forgive medical debt for ANY individuals by request.
Not yet, sorry. Give us time. For now:
Debt forgiveness by RIP is a totally RANDOM act of kindness!
To get help someday or maybe sooner, join the Debt Forgiveness Registry.
RIP in the News
NBC news anchor Lester Holt interviews Craig Antico of RIP.
“Former medical debt collectors using expertise to help the neediest patients.” (May 21, 2018) — “Craig Antico co-founded RIP Medical Debt, a non-profit that buys up batches of overdue medical bills, erasing $120 million in debt for 60,000 patients so far.”
RIP in Action
- Texas megachurch forgives $10 million in medical debt, mostly for veterans and young families
- Melvin Brewing releasing new craft beer with 2 percent of their proceeds going to RIP
- Freedom Foundation honors Pensacola Debt Sharks with George Washington Award
- RIP launches 2018 campaign to forgive $50 million in veterans’ medical debt
Debt Forgiveness by TV and Radio Stations
- NBCUniversal and Telemundo Stations to abolish $15 million in medical debt
Local coverage: Boston, Connecticut, Chicago, Dallas Fort Worth, Los Angeles, Miami, New York, Philadelphia, San Diego, San Francisco Bay Area, Washington DC
- KIRO 7 (CBS) Seattle forgives $1 million in medical debt for NW Washington
Healthcare Industry Campaigns
- Minnesota Nurses Association forgives $2.6 million in medical debt
- Michigan Nurses forgive $1 million in unpaid medical debt for 500 families
- Healthtech startup ‘Better’ to forgive more medical debt than John Oliver
- End Medical Debt Campaign abolishes $2 million in debt for Southern California
- RIP hosts national mini-summit on Veterans’ Medical Debt in New York
- Economic Impact Study of Medical Debt Forgiveness, the NY mini-summit