End Medical Debt: COVID Recovery Edition Published by Founders of RIP Medical Debt
Proceeds of each book sold go to nonprofit & abolish an average of $500 of medical debt for a person in need
New York, NY – Mon, Oct 25 – End Medical Debt, The COVID Recovery Edition is available where all books are sold. From the founders of RIP Medical Debt, the only nonprofit in the nation that raises funds to purchase and abolish medical debts belonging to people in financial need. All proceeds go back to RIP, so every book sold will relieve, on average, $500 of medical debt.
This updated, re-issuing to the #1 bestselling book in health policy is written by three industry veterans with diverse perspectives and covers how the nation can learn from the COVID crisis and envision a more equitable system of healthcare.
Please find a media kit for the new book here, with author bios, a digital version and more.
End Medical Debt covers:
- The recent revelation that Americans owe $140 billion of medical debt, and how that figure is likely much higher
- How individuals can advocate for themselves in a healthcare setting and after having received care
- Various ways of fixing our entrenched and bloated healthcare system (each author brings a unique perspective, from a self-proclaimed progressive to more conservative approaches)
Advanced praise for End Medical Debt:
“End Medical Debt is one of the best books I’ve read that explains how our healthcare system became a voracious monster, and the steps we can take, individually and collectively, to keep it from devouring us.” Wendell Potter —Center for Health and Democracy
“End Medical Debt is special because it advocates for systemic change, while providing tactical solutions for Americans now facing the devastating burden of medical debt. Rohan Pavluri —Upsolve, TED Talk
Amazon link for the book: https://www.amazon.com/dp/1737398508/
Jerry Ashton is a four-decade veteran of the medical debt collections industry who reimagined his career after being inspired by the Occupy Wall Street movement. He turned from debt collector to debt forgiver, which led him in 2014 to co-founding RIP Medical Debt. In 2020 the nonprofit achieved his ambitious goal of abolishing $1 billion of medical debt.
Craig Antico has been a financial industry leader in collections, debt buying and outsourcing for 30-years. After co-founding RIP with Jerry Ashton, he’s become a sought-after expert in debt forgiveness. He’s been interviewed by national media, including NBC Nightly News with Lester Holt, PBS Newshour, The Doctors, New York Times and Wall Street Journal.
Robert E Goff has more than 45-years of experience in the healthcare industry and is a respected expert in care delivery, organization and financing. His career spans a range of leadership roles as a hospital administrator, managed care executive, consultant, regulator and association executive, retiring recently as the Executive Director and CEO of University Physicians Network, based in New York.
Recent Press Releases
- MacKenzie Scott Makes Impactful $30 million Gift to RIP Medical Debt, For a Second Time
- RIP Medical Debt Takes Home Innovation Award at 2nd Annual NYC Imagine Awards
- ARCHI and RIP Medical Debt Release Detailed Report on the Impacts of Medical Debt on Atlantans
- RIP Medical Debt Named as Finalist in Inaugural NYC Image Awards
- End Medical Debt Wins Benjamin Franklin Book Award
- National Nonprofit RIP Medical Debt Applauds Federal Commitment to Reducing Impact of Medical Debts & Strengthening Consumer Protections
- RIP Medical Debt Supports Credit Agencies Clearing Majority of Medical Debt
- RIP Medical Debt Collaborates with Heywood Healthcare to Eliminate $800,000 of Patient Medical Debt
- RIP Medical Debt and Vituity Abolish Over $25M in Outstanding Patient Invoices
- End Medical Debt: COVID Recovery Edition Published by Founders of RIP Medical Debt