FinThrive and RIP Medical Debt Use the Power of Data to Launch Patients Toward Financial Freedom by Relieving $10B in Medical Debt
FinThrive provides financial and economic stability data for RIP Medical Debt, to qualify patients for their debt relief program
FinThrive, Inc., a healthcare revenue management software-as-a-service (SaaS) provider, contributes valuable financial and economic stability data to RIP Medical Debt, a national nonprofit that has abolished over $10 billion of burdensome debt for more than 6.5 million families to date. This partnership will play a pivotal role in eliminating the nation’s growing medical healthcare debt, which has reached $195 billion according to the Survey of Income and Program Participation (SIPP).
“Providing over $10 billion in relief for individuals and families who suffer under the weight of unpayable medical bills is a major milestone for our organization,” said Allison Sesso, President and CEO of RIP Medical Debt. “We are confident that our relationship with FinThrive will continue to advance our ability to provide reprieve to those who need it most. This partnership represents RIP Medical Debt’s commitment to our mission—abolishing financially burdensome medical debt.”
The partnership begins with data supply, where outstanding medical debt data is selected and shared via Secure File Transfer Protocol (SFTP). Results are then reported, and new populations are cycled for analysis. The second phase of the process involves applying Social Determinants of Health (SDoH) Risk Attribute data for patients who fall at or below 400% of the Federal Poverty Line (FPL). RIP Medical Debt works directly with collection agencies and/or health systems and physician groups to identify these patients, and then buy the debt for debt relief. As a result, the patient is liberated from the financial and emotional burden that debt holds on their life.
“The partnership between FinThrive and RIP Medical Debt highlights the transformative impact the right data at the right time can have on a person’s livelihood,” said John Yount, Chief Innovation Officer of FinThrive. “This data expands SDoH initiatives by focusing on data-driven equity. Allowing providers to earn revenue from dormant bad debt accounts without subjecting patients to aggressive collections actions is a true win-win.”
Medical debt is an issue that currently affects the majority of Americans. Health System Tracker reports that 23 million people owe at least $250 in medical debt. This number is grossly increased for people with disabilities or poor health. FinThrive’s precise data helps RIP Medical Debt expand relief efforts with the ability to identify quickly and accurately those in need. This collaboration generates a financial reprieve for millions of Americans.
Recent Press Releases
- RIP Medical Debt partners with MetroHealth and Cleveland City Council to Eliminate Medical Debt for Local Residents
- RIP Medical Debt and CJA Announce 1-Year Project Supported by the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation
- Mayor Adams to Relieve Over $2 Billion in Medical Debt for Hundreds of Thousands of Working-Class New Yorkers
- Casey McIntyre’s Viral Memorial Campaign Abolishes $44.9 Million Dollars of Medical Debt for 51,000 People in First Round of Debt Relief
- Record $1 Billion+ of Medical Debt Abolished in Appalachia
- Cook County Medical Debt Relief Initiative Abolishes over $280 Million in Medical Debt for Cook County Residents
- New national survey results from RIP, ASC CAN and LLS conducted by PerryUndem
- Mercy Health partners with RIP Medical Debt to relieve patient debt in northwest Ohio
- Consumer Bureau Announces Groundbreaking Plan to Protect Americans from the Devastating Effects of Medical Debt
- FinThrive and RIP Medical Debt Use the Power of Data to Launch Patients Toward Financial Freedom by Relieving $10B in Medical Debt